.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ed Knows Policy

EKP -- a local (Washington, DC) and national blog about education policy, politics, and research.

Who is Ed Researcher?

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Russo on Petrilli

Nice to see bloggers getting out there and doing some journalism, even if it's a brief adoring interview of a Bush official. I haven't made up my mind one way or the other about Mike Petrilli, but I never liked the idea of OII, a playground for political appointees. Russo's blog entry is more about the Fordham Foundation, which Petrilli tries to say is not knee-jerk conservative. Fordham doesn't do serious research, but they do have some good writers and have useful things to say on education policy. Checker Finn is a very good communicator and debater.

One of the commenters asks why nobody at Fordham has teaching experience. I don't think you need teaching experience to do ed research or ed policy wonkism, although it definitely helps. I'd like to see some discussion of how not having teaching experiences hurts the researcher. Any teachers out there? Share please. I never taught K-12 but I do Ed Research all day, want to know what I'm doing wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home